Sunday, July 09, 2006

Swinging Good Time

Last night a few of us went over to my friend's parent's house. Once there we were taught a few dance moves. It was lots of fun. I'm not sure what was more fun learning or, watching all the couples argue about how the other wasn't doing something right or, having dress shoes on with shorts (yes totally Bob Wiley style) or, kicking peoples feet with said shoes or, seriously cutting a rug or, writing a blog about it.

Ok so to start out with we learned the six basic steps of the swing. We also learned the quarter turn, or was it the half turn. Anyway we did that for a while then we went on to the foxtrot. The foxtrot uses the box step. The Mrs and I have learned this step before so we enjoyed it. We danced around and had fun. We burned some fat and got sweaty and danced the evening away. Sound romantic? It was - so attention to all husbands, if you want to have a good time with your wife, take her out and get some swing lessons!

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter Brown said...

That sounds like a hoot!

The only one I know is the Charleston(if that is one)...What are the other 5?

19:54  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Kludge,

by the six basic steps I mean literally 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, repeat and rinse. Not six different basic moves. So if I sounded more impressive than I meant to, I'm sorry, we're not that good.

20:28  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun time - maybe we can learn sometime? Like after Jeremy and I fill out the application?

21:39  
Blogger J Crew said...

It was a swingin' good time

07:54  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

oh...

09:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home