Saturday, June 24, 2006

The First Post

Well I guess a few thanks are in order. I have to thank Jeremy and Josh for helping me get this started. I don't know if I'll ever really get into blogging but if I do I will probably focus on refomation theology and 80's movies. Let's start with the less important of the two and explain what I mean.

80's movies are simply the best. I've been hooked on 80's movies recently, such as Back to the Future, Say Anything, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc. Even though I've seen these movies hundreds of times they are always worth watching again. Some of you know what I mean, and for those of you that do...welcome to my blog.

As far as reformation theology that is wrapped up in the title of the blog, sons of the reformation. What does it mean to be a son of the reformation? It means many things for different people but for me it means specifically the doctrines of grace. I am an admirer of men like Luther, Calvin, Zwingly, d'Etaples, Spurgeon, etc. I do not follow these men! But I am proud to stand with such men as these. We who believe in these doctrines find ourselves in the company of God's mighty men! I am not worthy to stand in such company but by the grace of God, through the Spirit of God, I have been taught these wonderful truths.

So to all of you out there in the bloggin world - hello! Leave your commennts and I'll try and get back to them.

bye for now,

RJ-77

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Can we play the game now that you took AN HOUR to post this thing!

20:32  
Blogger Stephanie said...

RJ,

Welcome to blog world! Can't wait to read your future posts - and the 80's movie thing - that will be fun to read!

23:03  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

To Josh and Jeremy...

After a short four years of marriage I have learned a few things very quickly. There are two things that will ruin a marriage right away... video games and the computer (blogs). Thank you for getting him into the second most damaging thing. I am forever grateful to you both! Julie (Rhett's former wife) :)

23:24  
Blogger J Crew said...

RJ- Keep at it brother. You are on my links list. I am all about the doctrines of grace

23:38  
Blogger Ando said...

I like all those other guys, but who's Luter?

17:25  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Yes, thank you Ando for your input. Very thought provoking...Humm I'll consider it.

06:04  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

06:04  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

Another convert. Be careful, it's catching!

10:33  
Blogger Ando said...

I aim to please.

11:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home