Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Classic Books

Ok so I've decided to read some classic lit. I went out today and purchased four new books (thank you Career group for the gift card!). I plan on reading them and in due time writing a little review. So, I leave you now with the list in the approximate order in which I plan to read them. Let me know your thoughts if you have read any of them.

1 - The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas

2 - We The Living, Ayn Rand

3 - Lord of he Flies, William Golding

4 - Watership Down, Richard Adams

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter Brown said...

Classic Lit is a great way to expand your knowleadge of english and get a great story as well. I've just decided to read Moby Dick, and I think I'm going to like it.

The Count of Monte Cristo is easily one of my favorite books- ever! I believe most people shy away from it due to the sheer size. Great Story!

Watership Down is a good story, but I'd have trouble calling it a classic. Either way, a pretty dark tale, and I would agree worth reading

08:16  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Lord of the Flies - interesting book, but worth reading! I have not read the others - probably should!

17:41  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Kludge,

Yes the size of Counte is very impressive to say the least. I thought about getting the abridged version (aka the 10 peso version), but didn't want to miss anything. So I'm diving in. I've already started and am enjoying it thus far.

17:51  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Steph,

What did you think of Lord of the Flies? Any insights you thought were good?

17:52  
Blogger Ando said...

Maybe not as classic as the others, but To Kill a Mockingbird is definitely high on the "Was supposed to read in high school but didn't, and I wish I had because it is great" list.

21:50  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

RJ-

Borders has great deals on classics published under the Border name. They're not collectables, but great for the poor reader.

09:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home