Saturday, September 23, 2006

Rosh Hashanah

I think that is how it is spelled. Well last night I went to a Rosh Hashanah service in Santa Rosa. It was a very good evening. The people were very friendly and welcoming. So to any members of Shomai Torah (I think that is how it is spelled) Synagogue, I say thank you.

To my Christian brothers and sisters who may read this blog...it was fascinating to go through the whole service and think, wow they say so many things that are correct but they miss the truth. So much of the service is reciting Hebrew phrases that are condensed thoughts from Scripture. I wonder sometimes how they miss the whole meaning, then I remember Romans 11.

Perhaps I will give more details if I have time later. I think I will be going to Yom Kippur next Sunday evening if anybody is interested. We will see, any of you interested in joining?

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

RJ,

I remember when my mom went to Isreal and toured the Holy Land. One thing that really saddened her and struck her was their tour guide. She was Jewish and was a wealth of information - she read scripture to them as they traveled where Jesus would have traveled. My mom spoke with her many times and was so amazed at how she could know right things to say, walk in places Jesus might have walked and read scripture to them yet not believe it. Very sad to me. Post more details later - are you going to this other service just for fun? Do you have friends there?

13:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home