Saturday, August 19, 2006

80's Movie

The other nite my wife and I watched a fun 80's movie. I will give a description and see if you guys can guess the film...I figure this is more fun then me just telling you about a movie you have probably seen.

A young nerdy boy meets the new girl at school, during summer break of course, and quickly falls in love with her. They spend a lot of time together doing all the nerdy things (which the movie shows as working but you know it never does!), and the boy gets his hopes up. Of course the girl is older and acts interested enough but you know full well she is not!

Enter the football stud who takes a fancy for this new girl. Problem, he's already got a girlfriend (bet you didn't see that plot twist coming). After hanging out as a group they decide to all go to the dance on friday nite. Nerdy boy with new girl, football stud with soon to be ex-girlfriend. Of course the break up happens and Studly is not going to the dance. Nerd rides his bike over to New Girl's house on the nite of the dance but she's busy consouling Studly and no longer wants to go to the dance (again another shocking plot twist).

I think I'm going to leave it there and see if you can guess the movie. If not I'll give more of the movie (which if I did now you would for sure get it). Post your guess!

14 Comments:

Blogger Peter Brown said...

Patricia's guess is "can't buy me love"

09:07  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

I thought it was karate kid, but then your description all went wrong...

09:08  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Sorry both wrong...I'll post more description later!

13:06  
Blogger Stephanie said...

RJ -

Sixteen Candles? That is my guess -

15:43  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am sure that isn't right now - but I will watch for more of a description.

15:47  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

SJ - Sorry no correcto. Good guess, but there's no football player...

17:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is Lucas. The ending scene when everyone claps in movie genius.

17:17  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Yes Jcrew that clapping in movie genius...um did you mean is movie genius? By the way Jcrew is correct the movie was Lucas.

21:54  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

good game...I apologize for the outburst.

09:37  
Blogger Ando said...

Ahhh, I was going to guess Lucas....because I saw on Netflix you just watched that.

14:50  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

To Kludge - for shame (that's for the out burst)....

To Ando - for shame (that's for cheating)

20:08  
Blogger Heavy G said...

The best part of Lucas is finding all the future stars in supporting roles.
Charlie Sheen as the football star
Courtney Thorn Smith as the rival girfriend
Winona Ryder as the nerd buddy who has a crush on Lucas
Futur "that guy' hall of famer Jeremy Piven as on of the jerk jocks

09:18  
Blogger Ando said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

18:37  
Blogger Ando said...

Hey, nice guys always finish last...which is why I usually finish last.

I love Jeremy Piven. As an actor, I mean, yeah, as an actor.......

18:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home