Thursday, September 14, 2006

Boom I Can See!

I'm here to announce something...no Julie is not prego, it is something that Julie has bugged me about for, well since the beginning of our relationship, my eyesight. For the longest time I have not been able to see very well. I had glasses but I hated wearing them. I would put them on for important things, like tv and movies, but never any time else. Well, I went to see my eye doctor and he told me my glasses needed to be twice as strong as what I currently had. Figures, the jerk. Anywho, I told him I don't like wearing glasses but that my father-in-law has contacts that he only changes (that is takes out of his eyes) once every two months. I said, 'I like that, sign me up'. 'Well,' he said, 'you have to work up to that and they really should be changed every month'.

So the announcement is I have glasses...no I got the contacts. I'm changing them every day for the first week then I get to try and wear them without taking them out when I sleep. I hope they work because I hate poking my eyes every morning. One benefit is that I can see! I love being able to look around and focus, especially without any glare from having glasses on my face. I would tell Julie, 'Point to something and I'll read it'. Oh we laughed and laughed, until we stopped. So if I see you but just walk on by it is not because I didn't recognize you without my glasses, I really don't want to talk to you.

13 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

RJ

Congrats on the contacts!!!I have worn them since I was a freshman in HS and I must say they are "Da Bomb"! You get used to the whole finger poking thing pretty quickly because you will love seeing sooooooooo much. Oh, if you walk by me and don't say anything you just better watch your back! ;)

07:05  
Blogger J Crew said...

How could instantly improved vision not be at the top of your to do list. I don't have time to see. I'll see tomorrow. Do you see what's on my desk?

08:50  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

Rhett, congrats on seeing and all! I love new SOTR posts. You crack me up man!

09:06  
Blogger Ando said...

Josh stole my thunder...

I wouldn't recommend this, but I don't take my contacts out for months at a time. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

10:50  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

Ando-
I didn't even know you wore contacts!!!

I wonder if there are more contact stealths in our group...hummm....

14:35  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Thank you to all, and to all a thank you. I have been enjoying my new eyes.

18:24  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Congrats Rhett! Seeing is a nice thing - believe it or not, I have glasses and just don't wear them - should but don't. Maybe contacts are the way to go?? I also didn't know Ando wore contacts.

20:37  
Blogger jenylu said...

I don't have contacts or glasses and I haven't had my eyes checked for about six years, so I still technically have a polite excuse if I don't say "Hi" to someone!

BTW, I'm having lunch with your sister tomorrow. :)

22:11  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

SJ - hey you're just like I was...until I got some sense!

Jenylu - Can you see? How will you know if it is my sister? Have fun!

06:30  
Blogger jenylu said...

Can I see? I don't know. How many fingers are you holding up?

08:36  
Blogger jenylu said...

Hey RJ -
I think I had lunch with your sister--since I don't have contacts or glasses, I made her tell me a story on you just to confirm it was her. Does riding your tonka truck through the hallways at 6:00 in the morning sound familiar? She's still bitter! :)

21:58  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Oh she is lying. I never did that.

07:49  
Blogger jenylu said...

She said you were cute when you were little, but that's probably another lie, huh. :)

21:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home