Saturday, August 12, 2006

Okay, Okay

Well partly out of jealousy and partly out of necessity I am going to blog a little about the trip to Ecuador. First, it was tons of fun. I enjoy the first 2 nites with JCrew and Ando. We talked like best girlfriends and laughed a lot. It was a good time, especially when Josh discovered that he lost his Greek homework. But you've all read about that! Also it was hilarious when JCrew came in the next morning and said he had accidentally swallowed some water while showering. I was busting up. But he didn't get sick so no worries.

Second, the people in Ecuador were amazing. When we finally got to our host family we had such a blast. I think they were what made it so difficult to leave. My host family was so kind. There was an 11 year old girl in my family and one day she made ice cream and cake for me to remember Julie (the day before I told them how much Julie liked ice cream and sweets).

Third, this was the most stressful part of the trip for me, but somehow I got appointed as the translator for our small group of eight. Someone would say something in Spanish and then everyone would look at me, as I panicked and crapped my pants. I would look at the person and say, 'No intiendo' translation 'No I don't play nintendo' actually it means, 'I don't understand'. So half the time I made stuff up based on what I thought they were saying.

So those are a few notes from the trip. I hope that ya'all enjoy the upcoming time on Sunday. Thank you to all who prayed for us!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing about the trip! We are anxious to hear about it on Sunday!

14:02  
Blogger J Crew said...

It was a good time and I will never forget the slip you had at the restaurant the first day.

15:46  
Blogger Ando said...

LOL! We must never speak of that again.

Our families were incredible. Did I tell you I got an email from Vivi? Seriously, your Spanish was tons better than any of the rest of us. You did fine. You even serenaded us in Spanish the last night.

21:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home